Create a Call to Action That Converts
Your Call to Action (CTA) is one of the most critical elements in your content. It serves as a guiding force, telling your audience what action to take next after they land on your page or engage with your content. Crafting a compelling CTA is the key to turning visitors into loyal followers and customers. In this article, we’ll explore the elements that make up a good CTA and guide you through the process of creating a highly effective call to action.
The Elements of a Good Call to Action
A well-crafted call to action is concise and crystal clear. It instructs the reader on the one simple action they need to take to reap valuable benefits. Moreover, it should emphasize the transformation that will occur in the reader’s life as a result of taking this action. For example, generic CTAs like “click here” or “subscribe now” are clear in their instruction but often lack the power to convey the benefits.
A better call to action, one that resonates with the reader, might be something like “Get Access Now.” This phrase focuses on the act of “getting” and highlights the ultimate result that you’ve been promising throughout your content. A successful CTA is not only concise but also informative, using active verbs and highlighting the benefits.
Guarantees and Urgency
Two elements that can enhance your call to action are guarantees and urgency. A guarantee removes any lingering doubts from the reader’s mind, reassuring them that they have nothing to lose. Including a guarantee can also serve as a reminder of your refund policy, if applicable.
Adding a sense of urgency to your CTA can further motivate your audience to take action. This urgency can be as simple as adding the word “now” to your CTA phrase. Alternatively, it can involve setting a time limit for your offer or emphasizing a limited supply.
Formatting and Placement of Your Call to Action
The way your CTA is presented is just as important as the words you use. The CTA must be easily discoverable on your website or content, standing out from other text. To achieve this, you can use different colors to make it stand out visually. The most effective CTAs often take the form of clickable buttons, though hyperlinked text can also work in certain contexts.
Your CTA’s placement is crucial as well. It should be visible, especially near the top of the page, ensuring that readers see it without scrolling. The effectiveness of your CTA also depends on your content context. CTAs can encourage various actions, such as watching a video, contacting you via email, or downloading a free lead magnet.
Crafting a Call to Action That Converts – Worksheet
To create a high-converting CTA, consider using the following formula and additional tips:
Generic CTA Formula: Verb + Time
For instance, common generic CTAs include “Download Now” and “Buy Today.” However, to make your CTA more effective, you can personalize it, show the value, and provide specifics.
1. Add Personalization: Use words like ‘I’, ‘me’, ‘my’, ‘you’, and ‘your’ to make the audience feel involved in the action.
2. Show Value: Attach a benefit or value to your CTA, such as ‘free’ or other terms implying exclusivity.
3. Give Specifics: Clarify what the reader will receive by clicking the button, specifying the item or benefit they’ll gain.
To write your CTA, ask yourself two crucial questions:
- What is the #1 action I want my visitor to take on this page?
- What benefit will they get by taking that action?
Choosing the right action and communicating its benefits are essential for crafting an effective CTA.
Create Your High-Converting Call to Action
Now that you’ve determined your CTA phrase and gathered specific details, it’s time to create your CTA button. To ensure high conversion rates, keep the following tips in mind:
- Select a Standout Color: Choose a color that contrasts with your page’s color scheme to make the button easily noticeable.
- Positioning Matters: Place one primary button above the fold and an additional secondary button further down the page for different audience preferences.
- Whitespace Is Important: Ensure there’s ample space around the button to avoid distractions and maintain focus.
- Keep It Short and Simple: Opt for concise phrases on relatively large buttons with legible font and short, compelling text.
- Follow Usability Patterns: Use standard button shapes for a user-friendly experience, as complicated shapes can confuse visitors.
By considering these guidelines, you can create CTAs that effectively guide your audience and drive conversions.
Get Your FREE Call to Action Swipe File Now!
Unlock the potential of your content with our exclusive Call to Action Swipe File. Craft compelling CTAs that convert and drive results for your business. This invaluable resource provides a collection of ready-to-use or customizable CTAs for various purposes, saving you time and boosting your marketing success.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to supercharge your call-to-action strategies.
Click the link below to download your FREE Call to Action Swipe File!
Enhance your marketing efforts and engage your audience effectively with the power of persuasive CTAs. Get your free swipe file today!
Note. To access the Call to Action Swipe File, please click the “Download Now” button above.